WWN Development Documents
WWN is open-source, and programmers are invited to add
features to it.
The WWN development-documents are provided here to help with future development. Feel free contact me (the WWN author) for additional help.
In creating WWN, I recorded my research and development notes in Word documents. Those documents are linked below, as WWN web-pages. (The Word-documents themselves are also in the WWN repo, mostly under docs\development-docs.)
I wrote the development-documents for my own use while creating WWN. But, much of that info should be useful for others, in enhancing WWN.
Overview of the Development-Documents
To create WWN I had to learn several new technologies (e.g.,
CSS) and tools (e.g., Beautiful Soup). The development-documents have links to
the tutorials and reference documents that I found helpful, as well as notes for
The development-documents also contain my notes from research, design and coding. These notes record critical info that was non-trivial to figure-out, and which I’d otherwise forget.
The documents’ file-names are listed below, but without the .docx extension.
· WWN is implemented as a Python package. Its modules and call-graph are described.
o $repo-contents (1 page)
o $package-contents (1 page)
· WWN’s input parameter-file is in YAML format. YAML tools are used to verify it, and load it into a Python dictionary.
o WWN--input-parameter-file--YAML-use (2 pages)
· For the WWN web-page, its frames and controls are implmented using CSS and JQuery.
o web-page--structure--css--jquery (13 pages)
o web-page--structure--css-tutorials (14 pages)
· The WWN web-page is constructed using a Jinja2 template. The Word HTML is parsed and edited using Beautiful Soup.
o web-page--construction--beautiful-soup--jinja (13 pages)
· The input Word-file is in Word’s HTML format. WWN parses the file and modifies it. A navigation-pane is created from the Word table-of-contents. The Word HTML is searched for a set of known bugs, and the HTML is edited to fix them.
o web-page--html-tutorials (9 pages)
o word-html--references-and-info (3 pages)
o word-html--table-of-contents (9 pages)
o word-html--bugs-and-fixes (37 pages)
· WWN testing
o WWN--testing (13 pages)
o WWN--testing--regression-tests.docx (2 pages)